David Portnowitz and Graham Potter are joined by Harvard and Oxford grad, Jonathan Edwards, live from the suburbs of London. Jonathan, a Healthcare IT expert, spent 14 years at Gartner as a Research VP on the healthcare team. He is a highly experienced advisor with expertise in building a global research practice serving technology vendors and users. Currently, he is the Senior Analyst at the Skills Connection and Managing Director of his independent consulting firm that provides advice to IT vendors and service providers. In this episode, we discuss the challenges in the evolving healthcare IT space and the business value in embracing new technology. Listen in to hear us discuss additional topics including: the downfall in the hype of new technologies, the origins of the fax machine, moving to the cloud, which languages Jonathan has studied, and more.
- The Skills Connection: http://theskillsconnection.com/who-we-are/
- Jonathan on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jonathan-edwards-225ba41/
- Bad Blood: Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Startup: https://www.amazon.com/Bad-Blood-Secrets-Silicon-Startup/dp/152473165X
- Harvard: https://www.harvard.edu/
- Oxford: http://www.ox.ac.uk/
- Gartner: https://www.gartner.com/en